About this Test
Fully Vaccinated Amber Arrivals into England: Day 2 Test
- UK Arrivals – Day 2 Test [If fully vaccinated & arriving in England on or after 19th July 2021 & a UK Citizen)
- Required for arrivals from Amber listed countries from the 19th July 2021 if fully vaccinated with x2 Covid-19 vaccines (at least 14 days prior.)
- These tests can be used by both adults who are fully vaccinated and for Children aged 5 years and above regardless of vaccination status.
- Children aged 5-18 years returning from an Amber country.
New amber list rules if vaccinated in Europe or the USA
From 2 August (4am), if you’re coming to England from an amber list country and have been fully vaccinated in the USA or Europe you will not have to quarantine or take a day 8 test on arrival.
The European countries that this rule applies to are:
- EU countries
- Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and the Vatican City
The rules are different if you’ve been in France. They are in this guide.
You must be fully vaccinated with a vaccine authorized by:
- the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for Europe
- Swissmedic for Switzerland
- the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the USA
You must have had your final dose of the vaccine at least 14 days before you arrive in England.
You must still book and take a day 2 test.
All Non-UK Residents
At present, if you are not from England (regardless of your vaccination status) you are required to undertake either Amber or Green Arrival Tests as per the country classification. Even after the 19th July 2021.
Day 2 Vaccinated Arrivals Tests – Unique Booking Reference
- You will be required to add your unique test booking reference within your online passenger locator form. (Prior to arrival in the UK)
- Using the Royal Mail Tracked 24 envelope in a priority post box (please make a note of the tracking number on the label if you wish to track your sample). Please note that Royal Mail is really struggling during the pandemic and do not operate on Sundays. We therefore recommend sending your sample by private courier if possible. Please note we do not accept any liability for delayed results due to late or lost samples.